Thursday, July 31, 2008

100 Things About Me The Eighth

It's the Seventies!

72. In one magical night at the Savannah Civic Center, Harry Connick, Jr. took my hand and sang a few bars to me; THEN I met Gregg Allman, who was sitting right behind us. While I spent the rest of the evening on cloud nine, Mr. C couldn't get over the fact that we had better seats than Gregg Allman.

74. People who rattle off a long conversation and then say, "Like I said...." - and proceed to repeat the whole thing all over again - make me want to scream.

75. The best gift I ever received was the book my sister made for me as a wedding gift. It contains our family recipes, accompanied by photos and family lore. It's one of my most treasured possessions.

73. I make killer deviled eggs. Like any self-respecting southern woman, I have an enormous deviled egg serving platter. It does not look like this monstrosity, a popular item among tailgaters in Tuscaloosa - where people obviously have no taste. Except for deviled eggs.

76. The great big Kohler farmhouse sink I installed in my kitchen two years ago makes me happy every day.


77. My Lasik-corrected eyesight also makes me happy - every minute of every day. Some things are just worth the money.


78. I have never been arrested (knock on wood).

79. I once directed Hank Aaron in a television spot that I also wrote. It won an ADDY award for excellence.

80. Growing up, we had a pair of Siamese cat brothers. This statement usually confuses people at first - they think I'm talking about conjoined felines.


No comments: