Monday, July 28, 2008

100 Things About Me Part Seven

I'm not sure I'll be able to stop at 100...
61. I supported myself for a year working as a waitress. I tip generously, but will speak up if the service is lacking. This irritates my daughters, neither of whom has ever worked as a waitress.

62. I have read all of Jane Austen's novels multiple times.
63. My secret wish is to spend a year traveling the U.S. in a motor home.
64. I was at LAX the day the shoe bomber was captured and travelers were first asked to remove their shoes.
65. I have what is now known as a math disability. My high school teachers gave me passing grades in Algebra so that I could graduate.
66. I have been hospitalized three times with life-threatening illnesses.

67. Buttered toast with hot tea is my meal of choice when I'm not feeling well.
68. My family's nickname for me is, "Amy-doodle."

69. I misunderstood for years the lyrics to God Bless America, singing, "...through the night with the light from a bulb." To me, this made perfect sense.
70. People who continually say, "Not a problem" irritate me.
71. In college I famously stole my boyfriend's VW while he was in a bar with another girl and parked it - doors open and lights flashing - on the front lawn of my sorority house.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amy,
As I read this blog from "Bruce's friend in college", it quickly dawned on me who you were ... Amy Doodle ... Amy Sewell. Was I the young man you were engaged to or was there another? Anyway, hope you and yours are well. I haven't seen Dan Edge in a while (they closed our golf course) so I don't keep up as I should and we spend lots of time in NC. Take care!
Love,
You know who!!!