Sunday, July 20, 2008

100 Things About Me, Halfway Home

Halfway there. I'd like to stop, but I just can't.
41. People who yak on their cell phones (especially with bluetooth devices) in public places annoy the crap out of me.
42. The first movie I ever saw was Old Yeller. It made for a fun family outing until they killed Old Yeller at the end.
43. I once skied down Peachtree Street behind a Cadillac during an unusual Atlanta snowstorm.
44. My sister and I maintained the following routine for much of our childhood: Friday night we slept together on the sleeper sofa in the den watching scary movies until 1 am; Saturday morning we fixed our own breakfasts then played with Barbies for several hours. Our favorite breakfast (prepare yourself) was Vienna Sausages sauteed in butter.
45. I once appeared in a television commercial for a miniature football called "The Teenypig."
46. I believe I am the only child in Atlanta who never attended a live broadcast of "The Popeye Club" during its daily run from 1956-70. Apparently I will never get over this.
47. I was always the youngest person in my class. I turned 17 a few days before graduating from high school.
48. I have a 5" x 5" crosshatch scar on my right leg from a floor furnace burn I received as a toddler.
49. I was named for my my maternal great grandmother, Ammye Sewell of Carrollton, Georgia.
50. My parents were married for more than 50 years...53 years, to be exact.

No comments: