Friday, July 18, 2008

100 Things About Me Part Fourth

It just gets better and better, doesn't it?

32. My childhood comfort item was a loveworn stuffed dog named Flop-Flop. He now lives on a shelf in my closet where I can see him every day. OK, make that an adult comfort item.
33. I love gadgets and new technology. At one time I told my family I wanted an iPhone "more than life itself."
34. I am an above-average mimic. This talent has gotten me into trouble more than a few times.
35. I will not eat the liver, gizzards, kidneys, heart, lungs, intestines, testicles, brains or eyeballs of any animal.
36. Blue eyes and big feet I inherited from my Dad, but the pug nose is mine.
37. Have I mentioned that I have two 20-something daughters who are gorgeous, smart, fun and single?
38. Heidi, my family's Dachshund, lived to be 21 years old.
39. Worst first date ever: Driving down a busy street, the couple ahead of us was having a violent argument. The driver stopped, pushed the woman onto the pavement, and ran off. To my great surprise, my date pulled a gun out of the glove compartment and gave chase.
40. My formative years were spent in a pixie cut.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You can't be old enough to have grown up daughters! Good lord life went by in a hurry. They are gorgeous. As the old undertaker's phrase goes..."Just drop dead good looking." -b

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and insightful piece of writing! Could not stop and looking forward to seeing more of your insides. Photos are great - please include more. One as prom queen would be nice! Beautiful daughters! Loved the strawberry birthmark comment!
Keep it up, you are amazing!

Anonymous said...

Dot is so beautiful in the family picture. After I met her at the nursing home in 1975 (where she was taking care of your grand father) she never forgot my birthday. I have all the cards she sent to me and still miss her.