Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Viera, Meet Vieques

I heard the Today Show ran a segment this morning saying that Vieques Island, Puerto Rico was the number one-rated Caribbean destination. For an island without a single bona fide resort, I thought that was a little suspect.

So I found the video, and sure enough,Vieques was voted the number one island destination according to readers of Travel&Leisure magazine. That made sense, given that T&L readers are a pretty independent-minded lot, preferring to go off the beaten path as we do.

That's why I'm feeling pretty smug, Mr. C and I having owned a house on Vieques for over a decade and all.

Meredith Viera had no idea how to pronounce Vieques, which I thought was funny.

Vieques is a place we love and feel deeply connected to, but it's not for everyone. I was going to write about it eventually, but now seemed like a good time to start. Here's the segment:


No comments: