Wednesday, July 16, 2008

We have photos - lots and lots of photos.

Not yet appearing in the list of "100 Things About Me" is that I love to take photos. I've thought a lot lately about becoming more deliberate about it. Digital has made it all so much easier - and more disposable; keep the ones you really like and delete the rest. Here are a few that I like:

This is our house one Christmas a few years ago. Mr. C. said I should take an excellent photo for posterity because he would never put up those damn lights ever again. So I set up the tripod and crossed my fingers.



From Spring of 2005 near Negril, Jamaica. Driving along the coast one morning, we found an amazing beachside hotel in the middle of nowhere. Next to the hotel, the fishermen had just come in and this one was selling his catch. We had a traditional Jamaican breakfast at the hotel just after this was taken. We had salt fish, ackee, callaloo, coco bread and Blue Mountain coffee served on a covered verandah overlooking the ocean. There must have been six or seven dogs lying around us on the tile floor patiently waiting for leftovers. Heaven.




These were taken in San Francisco, Fall 2006. I kidnapped Mr. C from his office for a "destination unknown" anniversary trip. I highly recommend this tactic when you can't get your spouse to commit to going somewhere fun. I rarely take a food photo in a restaurant, but the clam chowder from the Hog Island Oyster Co. looked beautiful and tasted even better. And what the hell, we were tourists.


No comments: